Do you hear that?
That’s your new career calling you.
We don’t just sit back and watch things happen. We’re leading from the front, solving problems and transforming the way accountants go about their work.
From programming professionals to finance specialists, we’re looking for people like you to help transform an entire industry.
A career at MyWorkpapers means
A chance to lead from the front in the world of software development
Mentoring and buddy systems
Team building days
Group life, income and healthcare insurance
Flexible and remote working
Fantastic internal progression opportunities
Professional development training
MyWorkpapers is the cloud developer and seller of software that accountants and auditors use for their workflow system and workpapers – essentially the place whether they do, manage and track client job files.
This is a full-time permanent role reporting directly to the CEO. The role requires you to be responsible for the day to day, weekly and monthly bookkeeping, and financial management of the business. You will be supported in your role by other executives in the business to build your knowledge and skills.
You will be working across the business and collaborating with the company leadership team to help them make business decisions and reporting monthly. You will be managing an internal staff member dedicated to finance, operations and human resources who supports you in this role.
The purpose is to help management use financial information to measure, manage and report on business, business strategy and forecasts. Relay information from Finance department to the leadership team. Drilling into the detail where necessary to help with decision making.
There is an element of Bookkeeping / Bookkeeping management, which is mostly automated. Our invoicing systems is centralised with subscription management and automated. In addition to the management of the internal team member, you will be required to management of outsourced payroll providers and liaise with external advisors.
- Subscription revenue management
- Monitor subscription management system
- Review monthly interventions
- Review and manage reconciliations of collection, cross-referencing to collection gateways and reconciliation of associated transaction accounts.
- Monthly Management Accounts – prepare management financial statements for internal use. Activities, for example:
- Ensure all transactions are processed (mostly automated)
- Client invoicing (review and management of automated process)
- Review of processed bank feeds
- Creditor management and payment
- Debtor management
- Check processing of expenses into cost of business vs investment activities
- Reconcile spending against budget and income against forecast
- Cost accounting – monitor / report monthly costs against cost of business vs investment activities
- Analyse financial performance vs forecast
- Expense / supplier cost management. Monitor and make recommendations / strategies for cost management.
- Monitor, manage and report on R&D activities
- Maintain general records and support additional reporting requirements.
- Maintain company records for Companies House, etc.
- Advise company and/or department management on financial decisions
- Work with external consultants on managing the company HR
Management Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
Knowledge of accounting terms and concepts, Understanding of finance regulations and legislation, Knowledge of business strategy and methodology, Analytical skills, Critical thinking skills, Organisational skills, Strong attention to detail, Strategic thinking, Bachelor’s degree ideally. Experience in use of Xero and ideally Salesforce. Excellent Excel skills are required.
Salary and rewards
Salary to be negotiated based on experience. The company has generous packages, including:
- insurances package that includes private health, life insurance and income protection.
- Holiday pay entitlements of up to 38 days a year
- Summer afternoons – 3 hours off one day a week for six weeks.
Applications via email only. Please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com