MyWorkpapers (including associated undertakings and licensees) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notification sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is MyWorkpapers Ltd, Studio J2A, Witan Studios, 279 Witan Court, Milton Keynes, MK9 1EJ, United Kingdom
Nature of data
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Contact details
- Banking details (Sole Traders/LLP’s)
- Job Title
- Technical data (including IP address, browser type, other technology on the device used and
- Usage data (including the frequency and details of your use of our Platform
This data may come directly from you or from your employer. We hold and process this data for the legitimate interest of fulfilling a business-to-business contract with your employer.
Source of information
We may receive and process information about you from:
- yourself (data you provide)
- Your employer
Our lawful basis for processing this data is
- our contract with you for the provision of the MyWorkpapers platform or related services
- Legitimate Interest, in the provision of services under our obligations of fulfilling a B2B contract.
The consequences for you if we are unable to process this data would be:
- we would not be able to continue to provide the contracted services or would not be able to provide the same quality of service
Any data related to payments between us will be retained for 7 years to conform with our legal obligations regarding record keeping under the Finance Act 2008.
Other data may be kept for up to 7 years from termination of the contract in case there are queries, unless you request that we delete the data beforehand.
To the extent that is necessary to meet our legal obligations and manage and satisfy our contract with you, your data may be shared with:
- our software and IT providers, such as Salesforce and AWS
- tax authorities
- Contractors working on behalf of MyWorkpapers
- brokers, solicitors, and other professional advisors (at your request)
Uses made of the information
We use information hold about you in the following ways:
- to communicate with you
- to provide the contracted services
Disclosure of your information
Where we may occasionally be required to disclose certain information to additional third parties. We will disclose data only when and to the extent that we have a legal obligation to do so.
Such third parties may include:
- law enforcement (by warrant or subpoena)
- courts, tribunals, or other judicial bodies
- the National Crime Squad (in case of suspected money laundering)
Transfer outside the UK
Some of our providers process your data in countries outside the UK and your rights and privacy in these cases are protected by Standard Contract Clauses or appropriate lawful transfer mechanisms, between the processor and MyWorkpapers or data protection laws in those countries which have been judged by the Information Commissioner to be adequate (equivalent to UK legislation)
We may transfer your data to cloud software service providers who may store or process your data outside the UK.
Australian client data is stored in Australia.
You have the following qualified rights regarding your personal data:
- Access – you may request we provide you with the data we hold
- Rectification – you may request we correct any inaccurate data
- Erasure – you may request we erase your data
- Restriction – you may request we stop processing your data but retain it
- Objection – you may object to us processing your data
- Portability – you may request we provide you or a nominated party with your data in a commonly used, structured and machine-readable format
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or any other relevant Supervisory Authority.
Changes to this notification
Any changes we may make to this notification in the future will be posted on this page and where appropriate notified to you by e-mail.
Questions, comments, and requests regarding this notification are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org